If you read my Blogger Bash recap, you saw that I got to attend a special performance of Blue Man Group. The show was wildly entertaining and unlike anything I’ve ever seen before.
Blue Man Group combines music, comedy, and state-of-the-art technology to create a truly unique form of wacky entertainment. It is continually refreshed with new music, stories, and instruments.
Blue Man Group has been performed in 15 countries and seen by more than 35 million people worldwide since 1991. It has permanent productions in New York, Las Vegas, Orlando, Boston, Chicago, and Berlin. There’s also a tour in North America and Latin America.
- The music. The band was super talented and had everyone rocking for the entire show!
- The neon paint drumming. Audience members in the first few rows even had to wear head-to-toe ponchos to protect them from splattering paint.
- The fact that it was really interactive. The Blue Men came into the seating area several times to interact with audience members. They even recruited two members to go onstage and backstage to help them with bits. Here’s a photo of vlogger HeyThatsMike helping the Blue Men make body art during our special performance:
Now, the big question: Should you bring your kids? Blue Man Group touts itself as a family-friendly show, appropriate for ages 3 and up. And on the show’s website, you’ll see photos and testimonials of happy children who loved it.
I do urge you to use caution, though, when deciding whether to take your own kids. If you have children who get easily frightened by darkness or loud music, you may want to hold off on taking them. Also keep in mind the following:
- The show is 90 minutes long with no intermission.
- The lights are often turned off or really low to illuminate the neon paint, costumes, and more used in the show.
- The band wears glowing neon skeleton outfits and face paint:
Older kids and teens would definitely find Blue Man Group to be really cool. If you do decide to take your children, you can find some fun activities and resources on the show’s website to prepare them before the show.
So, do you want to go? Cue the giveaway! One lucky Double Duty Twins reader will win a family 4-pack of tickets to any Blue Man Group show of their choosing in New York, Boston, Chicago, Orlando, Las Vegas, or any of the North American Tour dates! The winner will receive a certificate in the mail that can be redeemed for any show from September 8, 2015 through June 8, 2016.
To enter, leave a comment on this post telling me who you’d like to bring with you to Blue Man Group. Then click on “Leave a blog post comment” in the form below, followed by, “I commented!” Once you do that, you’ll unlock opportunities to earn three more bonus entries. You have until August 28, 2015 to enter, and I’ll pick a winner at random on August 29. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
BLUE MAN PRODUCTIONS, LLC, IS NOT THE SPONSOR OF THE CONTEST AND IS SOLELY PROVIDING THE PRIZE. THIS BLOG IS THE OFFICIAL SPONSOR. ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE PRIZE RESTRICTIONS, ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, AND SPONSOR RULES. BLUE MAN GROUP AND ALL RELATED INDICIA ©2015 BLUE MAN GROUP. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.